Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday Weekend!


This year I had no desire to have a birthday nor turn 22 for some reason. I think part may be due to the fact I would not be spending it with any family members. This year all I wanted to do was go out to eat and have a relaxing day, which I got plus more. My roommates were great and made it a great day! I started off the day by looking at an antique store my roommate Chloe and I have been wanting to check out. This semester Chloe and I have made a list of things we would like to do before we leave Rexburg, visiting the antique store was one of them. We visited just in time too. The antique store was going out of business and Saturday was one of their last days open. Afterwards Chloe, Monica (another roommate) and I headed down to Idaho Falls to visit the zoo. The zoo was free for the day which was great. Here are some pictures of the cute animals......



Funky looking emperor pigeon

Adorable bunny

The King of the Jungle!

After the zoo my roommates and I walked around a small fair across the street. There wasn't much to see and the smell of funnel cakes sure made us hungry. We ran a few errands at Sam's club (similar to Costco) and Super Walmart. Afterwards we stopped by a book store that sells and buys used books. Here I received a free book being my birthday month. After browsing books for a while we headed back to Rexburg to meet up with Katie (another roommate) to go out to eat at a Thai restaurant that I have been wanting to try for quite sometime. I ordered yellow curry chicken, it was very good and I am eager to go back and try another dish.

Saturday was the last day the Snow Shacks around town would be open so my roommates and I went to get a snow cone one last time for the season, even though we were stuffed from dinner.


I thought this sign outside the snow shack was pretty funny!

After stuffing our selves with snow cones we went to the movie theater and watched 'Nights in Rodanthe". I got in free with a starving student deal: Free movie on birthday with ID. Are you noticing a tread of free things, it was a great free day for me!

We didn't have time for cake on Saturday, so Sunday night tonight a few friends came over for cake.


Me and my Pirate cake, Arrgg!

No comments: