Sunday, February 24, 2013

Valentine Celebrations

This year was our first Valentines as a married couple. Adam is not a fan of a holiday telling him to express his love, however he did humor me. We spent the evening with Adam's family. We had tickets to go see Cinderella at the Capital Theater. We thought we were going to see a play, instead it turned out to be ballet. Adam was not thrilled and slept through half the production. I have to say I was disappointed too, however I did enjoy certain dances despite my confusion with the story changes. We celebrated Valentines together over the weekend. We often go out to eat so I thought it would be nice to stay home and make a nice dinner. Here's a look at our evening:


Beautiful Flowers from my husband


 We divided up dinner. I made the salad, notice the tomatoes are hearts. The salad consists of romaine lettuce, bacon, avocado, tomato basil feta cheese, grape tomatoes, croutons, and red bell pepper Italian salad dressing.

Adam wanted to make his favorite food Pizza. The pizza consists of pizza sauce, pesto sauce, pepper jack cheese, and smokey sausages. It was yummy!

I love making desserts so I of course had to make something. I made chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips added to the batter, fresh strawberries between the layers, chocolate ganache poured over the top and hearts made with sprinkles. Not a perfect job but it was delicious!

 A happy husband and the final set up. I wanted to pull out our china but didn't have time. I did pull out the crystal goblets from Grammy and Gramps. As I pulled them out, I began to get emotional, thinking back on fond memories using these goblets with Grammy and Gramps. Very special to have these to celebrate with.

 Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments: