This last weekend I went to my first real concert to see Owl City. I was pretty excited, I'm not someone who goes nuts over popular bands and famous people but I just love Adam Young's music and love how down to earth and goofy he is. Brittany and I went to the concert together. We got a little lost on the way there and were almost an hour later than I wanted to be there. It was pretty packed inside when we arrived and I was worried I wasn't going to see much of the concert being short and all. We found an open spot right next to one of the security guards and ended up standing there for the evening. We were pretty close to the stage (about 50 feet) and were able to see the stage for the most part. David Archuleta was even at the concert, I saw him but didn't realize it was him. He had a hoodie on and was being escorted through a door near where we stood.

Brittany and I excited for the concert!

Here's a picture to show you how close we were to the stage. We really lucked out with the spot we found!

Of course we had to take a picture with the guard we stood next to during the whole concert, he sure puts on the tough guy appearance. Two sister's and their young kids stood next to us during the concert and it was fun to watch as the kids soften this guy up a bit through out the evening.

We met Matthew Decker, he is the drummer for Owl City's traveling band. I wish we had the chance to meet Adam as well! Owl City will be touring later this year and will be in SLC and I am hoping to go. I loved watching him live. You can watch him perform Fireflies and Vanilla Twilight at the following links on YouTube from this concert!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGpQ3TH0lUchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evokR6CweCs
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment