Monday, January 12, 2009

Tis' the season to be Jolly!!!

Christmas is another one of my favorite holidays to spend time with family, celebrate traditions, and remember our Savior. This year I had 3 weeks off from school for Christmas break, the longest break I have ever had off, but I was not complaining. This year for Christmas we decided to cut back on presents and go on a couple day trips to our favorite places. This year we decided to go to Monterey and Yosemite. My cousin Richard and his new wife Hilary flew out this year to spend Christmas with our family. I had the chance to spend time with them and go to San Francisco. As we were getting lost trying to find Coit tower, Richard gave his Dad directions in which way we needed to go, "We need to go more up!" San Francisco is probably one of the few places you can give the direction of "UP".

Richard and Hilary

Richard and Coit tower, we did eventually find it!

Ice skating in Yosemite!

Walking down Christmas tree lane with Dave, Ali, and Grace!

We found Frosty trying to escape Peppermint Prison!

Grace and I became pals, she let me color with her. In the begining she would tell be,"Tissy up, move", once she remembered she liked me she would tell me, "Tissy color, sit".

When we went to Monterey for the day, we brought a picnic lunch to enjoy near the coast at Lover's Point. I got a kick out of the meal Rick, Richard, and Hilary brought. They brought a gourme salad which included: BBQ chicken, bacon bits, mushrooms, croutons, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, cilantro, and salad dressing. They even busted out a cutting board and knife to dice the cilantro. We all got a good laugh, if you know my uncle and cousin this was a fancy meal for these two!

I'm so grateful for the holiday season and the chance I had to spend with my family, create new memories, and have many laughs! Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: