Monday, April 20, 2009

BYU Idaho Graduation

Well I finally did it, in the begining of my college years I didn't think it would come. My last few semesters in college seemed to fly by and before I knew it graduation had arrived. It feels like a dream too good to be true. I was warned of the night mares I would have about not graduating and I have to tell you they are true. I don't remember much about the dream I had, but there was an issue preventing me from graduating. I'm so glad it was not true!
My parents, James and Steven were able to come up for my graduation. The rest of my family would have liked too but were unable to and were there in spirit. Graduation went perfect for me! I had early graduation in the morning. All the graduates met in the Hart gym for commencement and heard words from our school president, President Clark, and the new apostle Elder Neal Anderson. After commencement the graduates separated to various buildings around campus in their departments for the official graduation and presentation of the diplomas (or as they say empty diploma covers).
I felt pretty lucky, I graduated in my building (where I worked for the last 2 1/2 years), the Taylor building. The night before the family and I made signs and reserved spots for the King family (I was given permission from my boss, no worries). The signs worked and the family was able to sit 3 rows behind me during the graduation ceremony. I sat with 2 of my friends from the preschool lab, which was nice. We were also fortunate to have the president of the school and Elder Anderson at our graduation to present the diploma covers to us. It was a great day!
After graduation I spent the next few days packing up my stuff to move to Provo Utah for my internship. Leaving Rexburg was not at all hard for me, like I thought it would be. Choosing to attend BYU-Idaho was one of the best choices I have made. At BYU-Idaho I learned who I was, who I wanted to be, I gained confidence in myself, made life time friends, and learned to love learning. I think the transition has been easy on me because one it has not totally hit me, and two I am ready for a change, I learned the things I needed to in Idaho and now it is time for me to move to the next chapter in my life!

My beautiful Graduation flowers from Mom and Dad!
Commencement
About to shake hands with Elder Anderson after recieving my diploma cover!
I did really it!
Erin, Jillian, and me, we were preschool teachers in the the preschool lab together!
Steve trying to steal my diploma!
Thank you to all my family and friends who have supported me through out the years in any way to help me recieve my college degree in Child Development! I will be forever grateful to you in helping me accomplish this major goal in my life!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I love all the updates and pictures! We're so proud of you and think of you all the time! Can't wait to see you in August!