Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Arches National Park

This last weekend I was invited by some old friends from Rexburg, Idaho to go to Arches National Park. There were 5 of us in all who went, I knew two of the four people who went. I had no idea what to expect at Arches, I really didn't know much about it. We left on our grand adventure around 5:30 in the morning and let me tell you it was cold! The vehicle we took was a bit old. I sat in the back seat and for the first couple hours of the drive I had ice cold air flowing up my back from the trunk and the windows were iced over, it was a bit eerie! It took about 4 to 5 hours to reach our destination. It was a beautiful day, but Utah likes to play with me and sent an ice cold wind. Below are some pictures..........

Scenery on one of the short hikes to an arch
Delicate Arch, the most famous one. It is on the Utah license plates.
Do you see the face?

Ute Petroglyphs, I was pretty excited to see these. I thought they were pretty cool!
Me and one of the arches

The End!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Fun pictures, Kristine! You're such a talented photographer!

Dave said...

Looks like fun. I've always wanted to go there. It kinda reminds me of old times having adventures up in Yellowstone.

The Girl said...

I know huh, we had some fun adventures! We definitely need to plan another one.....